University of Limerick (UL) TTO
The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) is responsible for supporting and developing the university’s innovative activity. The TTO's primary mission is the commercialisation of the university's expertise for the benefit of UL and the wider community.
This is delivered through: promoting and supporting the initiation, growth and development of campus companies facilitating and strengthening research and partnering contacts with industry developing the university's intellectual property working with the development agencies to enhance the competitive position of existing industry in the mid-west, and to attract mobile investment to this region.
Services provided by UL's Technology Transfer Office include:
- Facilitating University-industry research collaborations.
- Support inward investment in the mid-west regions.
- Enabling knowledge transfer to industry and society.
- Commercialising University of Limerick Intellectual Property.
- Facilitating new campus company formation and development.
- Providing support for new high potential start-up businesses at the Nexus Innovation Centre Negotiating and drafting research agreements for industry engagement with UL.
The University of Limerick has an established reputation for being Ireland's leading university in industry-led research. This has resulted in significant research commercialisation activities and collaboration between our leading researchers and industry. All of our key research indicators are showing strong growth, with increases in research applications, research income, postgraduate numbers and commercialisation activities complementing the strong gains in research outputs.
Prof Norelee Kennedy, Vice President Research