SEAM - South Eastern Applied Materials Research Centre - Waterford
What is SEAM
SEAM (South Eastern Applied Materials) facilitates the development of technology solutions through collaboration and access to expertise in the Irish research infrastructure. The SEAM gateway provides innovative materials engineering solutions for industries from wide ranging sectors such as biomedical, pharma, precision engineering, energy and electronics. SEAM’s unique strength lies in its ability to anticipate and understand so as to respond quickly and professionally to industry needs through provision of competitive customised solutions and more importantly, act as a one stop shop for getting the job done.
SEAM creates value-added competitiveness to industries using the latest technologies to deliver real solutions for real problems. SEAM have a proven track record of delivering for industry, having executed over 950 direct-funded industry projects spanning across over 120 companies since its launch in 2009.
• X-ray micro-tomography (XMT): 3D non-destructive characterisation
• Finite element analysis: 3D software modelling
• 3D metal additive manufacturing
• Materials & precision engineering: engineering design & characterisation
• Biomedical engineering: development of novel materials
• Waterford Institute of Technology
For more information please click here.