What is NIBRT
NIBRT is the National Institute for Bioprocessing Research and Training. Its mission is to support growth and development of the biopharmaceutical industry in Ireland and globally through leading edge biopharma manufacturing research, education and training. It is a world leader in the space and is an important resource for the global biopharmaceutical industry having won numerous national and international awards.
Inspired by the manufacturing challenges facing the industry, NIBRT delivers transformative research across multidisciplinary areas such as analytical science, cell and genetic engineering, informatics, and bioprocess engineering. This research, often conducted in partnership with academic and industrial scientists, is utilised to advance the state-of-theart in their fields and to revolutionise the manufacturing of recombinant proteins, vaccines and cell and gene therapies.
Housed in state-of-the-art biopharmaceutical facilities in Dublin, NIBRT supports the multinational biopharmaceutical manufacturers across Ireland and internationally. The Institute’s research partners currently include BMS, Janssen, Amgen, Roche, Agilent, Siemens, ThermoFisher and others. NIBRT’s training clients currently include MSD, Pfizer, Takeda, Wuxi, Lilly, Sanofi-Genzyme and BioMarin among others. Contract research clients include Jazz, Horizon Therapeutics and Merck Serono.
• Biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Protein, Cell, Gene, Oligonucleotide, Vaccine)
• Bioanalytics and product characterisation
• Process analytical technologies/ quality by design
• Process development and optimisation
• Data analytics / informatics
• Customised training and education programmes
Research performed by:
• NIBRT (in house facilities)
National collaborating institutes and research centres include:
• University College Dublin
• Trinity College Dublin
• Dublin City University
• NUI Galway (CCMI)
• University of Limerick (SSPC, PMTC)
• University College Cork
• Tyndall Institute
• Sligo Institute of Technology
• State of the art facilities in Dublin
For more information please click here.