FHI - Food for Health Ireland - Dublin
What is Food for Health Ireland
Food for Health Ireland (FHI) brings together leaders in industry and research to improve global health through innovation in food. The Centre supports its partners to become market leaders in the development of functional food ingredients that offer health benefits to consumers. Food for Health Ireland is a collaborative model for functional and health food innovation and commercialisation. FHI has spent more than a decade developing bespoke research and technology to uncover ingredients and foods that improve health and wellness.
It has the experience, knowledge and facilities to take innovations in food from the lab to the factory, helping you to test the prototype in a commercial environment. Our human-intervention trials have produced results that can tackle the
health issues underpinning diabetes, obesity and heart health, as well as supporting healthier ageing.
• Healthy Ageing: Muscle & Bone Health, Appetite Modulation, Gut & Immune function
• Metabolic Health: Glycemic Management, Weight Management
• Digestive Health: Microbiome, Maternal and infant, IBS/ IBD
• Sports & Physical Performance: Recovery, Endurance, Immune Function
• Cardiovascular Health: Vascular Flow, Blood Lipids, Lipid Metabolism
Research performed by:
• University College Dublin
• Dublin City University
• University of Limerick
• Trinity College Dublin
• University College Cork
For more information please click here.