ADAPT is Ireland’s global centre of excellence for digital content. Recently awarded €50 million in additional funding, it is a world-leading multi-institutional research centre. It combines the expertise of researchers at four universities with that of industry partners to produce ground-breaking innovation in digital content that is revolutionising the way people interact with content, systems and each other.
ADAPT's transformative tools allow you explore video, text, speech and image data in a natural way across languages and devices, helping companies unlock opportunities that exist within digital content to re-imagine how to connect people, process and data to realise new economic value.
ADAPT partners are developing ground-breaking technologies to turn the enormous volume of content into digital revenues by enabling unprecedented levels of global engagement between organisations and customers using world-leading research. ADAPT works with leading enterprises across industry sectors including: CISCO and Intel to ensure consistent brand voice across global communications; Symantec to identify future online community leaders; and, Xanadu to deliver personalised content for targeted customers segments. ADAPT also works with enterprises such as: Welocalize to enhance translation productivity; and, Microsoft to detect offensive content in social media. By enabling deeper customer engagement, ADAPT enhances efficiencies and global reach for industry partners in key priority sectors in Ireland, including ICT, localisation, financial services, eCommerce, media, entertainment and games, life sciences, digital culture and humanities, and eLearning/education.
ADAPT aims to be the world-leading international hub of scientific expertise that supports collaborative innovation to unlock the potential of digital content, empower and enhance online engagement between people, and promote creativity, competitiveness and entrepreneurship for Ireland.
- Our analysis techniques allow more powerful tailored access to customer and community insights
- ADAPT is pushing the boundaries of human speech and gesture recognition to increase the accuracy of robotic interpretation
- We extend the effectiveness of all the MT system types across a wide range of languages and domains
- ADAPT are transforming and delivering personalised content
- Our Machine Learning models enable the analysis of complex data such as financial data sets giving accurate results on large scale data sets
- ADAPT’s technology facilitates the recognition of relationships between multi-dimensional data sets by providing new ways to interpret, interact with and gain insights from data
Research performed by:
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- University College Dublin
- Dublin Institute of Technology