National University of Ireland Galway TTO
The primary focus of the technology transfer office (TTO) at NUI Galway is to encourage industry to access and commercialise the outputs of their research and translate this into products, processes and jobs.
The TTO’s services are to:
- Encourage and support for the creation of sustainable start-up companies
- Effectively transfer consortium technologies into existing and new companies
- Establish partnerships with industry
- Encourage commercial activity and entrepreneurship across the consortium
- Management of the campus company incubation
NUI Galway is a research-led University which emphasises inter-disciplinary research programmes and collaborations with industry and social and cultural partners in areas of strategic importance, both regionally and nationally.
The overarching objective of NUI Galway's Strategy for Research and Innovation is that we be recognized as an excellent, globally collaborative, creative, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial research and training institution that is relevant to economic and societal needs. The University has identified and prioritised a set of cross-disciplinary research themes, building on our research achievements to date, and is focusing its resources and efforts on these themes, and the establishment of a number of specialised research institutes and centres.
Our approach to research and innovation is guided by the following principles:
- The process of prioritisation in building on the academic strengths of the University
- Responsiveness to regional, national and international needs in support of innovation and inclusive societies
- Organisational restructuring at the University level to facilitate new interdisciplinary modes of interaction, and graduate education.
Professor Lokesh Joshi, Vice-President for Research
NUI Galway Research Website