Institute of Technology Blanchardstown (ITB) TTO
The Technology Transfer Office at the Institute of Technology, Blanchardstown engages with researchers and industry to maximise the commercial potential of ITB innovation through the LINC Centre (Learning and Innovation Centre). The LINC Centre connects the academic community with the business community. The technology transfer services provided at the LINC include:
- investigating the commercial potential of research and inventions
- providing advice on the commercialisation aspects of research proposals
- liaising with industry to identify commercial opportunities for the research and inventions at ITB
ITB prides itself on being a practice-led higher education institute building on its emerging strengths in applied research, development and innovation by working closely with local industry to develop capability for economic and societal success.
That is why research at the Institute has an applied nature, allowing academics and researchers to work closely with industry and real-world problems and opportunities. Funding has been received from public and private organisations including Enterprise Ireland, the Irish Research Council, the Higher Education Authority, AIB, ESB and the National Roads Authority to name but a few.
Research capabilities span many disciplines, including:
- Intelligent transportation systems - computer graphics, machine vision, robotics
- Energy & environmental engineering
- Network security and digital forensics group - distributed systems, network security, real-time systems, computer forensics
- Magnetic and machine research - numerical simulation of electromagnetic systems, electric machine design, fabrication and testing, sensor deployment and control engineering with a focus on renewable energy systems.
Dr. Larry McNutt, Head of School of Informatics and Engineering