Dublin Institute of Technology (DIT) KTO
DIT Hothouse is the award-winning Innovation and Technology Transfer Office at Dublin Institute of Technology.
We provide a user-friendly, single point of contact for all entrepreneurs, CEOs, product managers and company executives who are looking to:
- Start a new company based on DIT research
- Collaborate with DIT to create new products or services
- Benefit from DIT’s cutting-edge research facilities
- Invest in a new technology or company
We have transferred over 80 technologies to companies to date, and have created over 20 new spin-out ventures from DIT research. We have also helped companies raise over €100 million in investment and create over 1,300 new jobs. Our team of experienced licensing executives know how to do quick win-win deals, and we have flexible and fair commercial terms that work for our commercial partners. We are also always ready to offer practical, hands-on advice for launching new products and businesses.
We strive to make the technology transfer process an easy, accessible and mutually beneficial one for all our commercial partners.
Dublin Institute of Technology, located in the heart of Dublin City, is a modern higher education institution offering programmes to doctoral level underpinned by cutting-edge research. Development of new business ventures and technology transfer that contributes to Ireland’s technological, social and economic development and public benefit is embedded in our teaching and research. Our research is strongly aligned to areas of strategic importance in four interdisciplinary research institutes.
- Environmental Health Sciences Institute (EHSI) - Addresses issues of quality, sustainability and policy in the built environment, energy, food quality and safety, bio-monitoring, assistive technologies, and lifestyle.
- Focas Research Institute - Advances bio- and nanotechnologies, biospectroscopy, medical devices, new therapeutics, surface coatings and engineering.
- Information, Communications and Entertainment Institute (ICE) – Develops new technologies in computing, digital media, electrical and electronic engineering, and telecommunications.
- Arts Humanities and Social Sciences Institute – Conducts research in business, management and entrepreneurship, social and public policy, creative industries and performing arts, education policy and organisation, justice and human rights.
DIT is listed among the top 3% of the world’s universities according to the Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings. We welcome the opportunity to engage with commercial and civic partners to make a real difference to Irish society and the economy.
Dr. Brian O'Neill, Head of Research, Enterprise and Innovation Services