DIT Hothouse has partnered with Dublin Food Chain to host a lunchtime event featuring talks and panel discussions with top entrepreneurs and industry experts from the Irish food industry. The event is supported by EY Entrepreneur of the Year. The talks are free and open to staff, students, researchers, entrepreneurs and professionals with an interest in the food sector. Download the event poster.
Note this a free event and places are limited. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
The event will feature two panel discussions moderated by Dublin Food Chain Network Manager, James Burke MBA, a highly accompished food industry professional with over 23 years experience. The following experts from industry and academia will join in the panel discussions and share their insights with the audience:
- Dr. James Curtin, Head of the School of Food Science and Environmental Health, Dublin Institute of Technology
- Dr. Declan Troy, Head of Food Programme, Teagasc
- Peter Mooney, Head of Innovation, Dawn Meats
- Dr. Juan Val Verde, R&D Food Programme Manager, Monaghan Mushrooms
- Lil Courtney, Centra Store Owner
- Rowan Manahan, Founder & MD, Fortify Services
- Brian Hogan, CEO, Kylemore Services Group
- David Carey, Managing Director, Innovante Foods
Discussion topics will include:
- Latest Trends in the Industry
- Innovation in Agri-Food Technology
- Academic supports Available to the Food Industry
- What Makes a Great Food Entrepreneur
- How Food Businesses Can Create Employment
- Developing Food Business Ideas
For details and times of each panel discussion, please download the The Business of Food Event Programme.