The Technology Transfer Office (TTO) at the Institute of Technology, Tallaght engages with industry to maximise the economic potential of ITT research and innovation.
In encouraging the collaboration of ITT researchers and business, the TTO can:
- Advise on the commercialisation sections of research proposals.
- Investigate the commercial potential of research and inventions.
- Define the best patenting strategy.
- Identify possible applications, markets and potential licensees.
- Prepare non-confidential marketing materials and place them online and in print media.
- Identify and contact the key contacts in potential licensing companies.
- Negotiate licenses and prepare contracts for signature by ITT.
- Engage business partners to develop business opportunities.