IT Carlow has a number of key strategic research areas which place a strong emphasis on collaborative R & D projects with industry and business. These research areas are defined by Centres of Research & Enterprise (CORES) in:
- Bio-Environmental Technologies (EnviroCORE)
- Industrial Design and Product Innovation (DesignCORE)
- Interactive Applications Software & Networks (GameCORE)
- Health Sciences (HealthCORE)
- Applied Mechatronics, Circuits and systems (EngCORE)
- Business Research.
The Institute of Technology Carlow is committed to delivering research outputs with clear societal and economic impact. We have a proven track record of excellence in delivering international and industrial impact in a number of priority areas. The Dargan Centre houses our Centres of Research & Enterprise (CORES), Technology Transfer Office, and business incubation, providing an integrated process for facilitating industry-focused research and the formation of spin-out companies.
Declan Doyle, Vice-President for Development and Research