Insight is one of the biggest data analytics centres in Europe. It undertakes high impact research, which seeks to derive value from Big Data and provide innovative technology solutions for industry and society by enabling better decision making.
The Insight Centre for Data Analytics is a joint initiative between researchers at DCU, NUI Galway, UCC, UCD and other partner institutions. Insight brings together more than 350 researchers from these institutions with over 40 industry partners, to position Ireland at the heart of global data analytics research. Insight is committed to research that has a positive impact on society and are committed to protecting the rights of the citizen, through the Magna Carta for Data project.
Insight offers data analytics solutions for a broad range of industry partners in ICT, healthcare, retail, finance, media and public services. Insight’s expertise includes the whole data value chain from the integration of multiple heterogeneous data sources, to discovering patterns and trends in data and making sense of them. Innovative solutions include using data to:
- develop products and services based on matching the short- and long-term needs of individuals and organisations to a real-time picture of information, opportunities, and services;
- understand customer behaviour to increase customer satisfaction, experience
- and loyalty;
- drive recommendations and support decision-making;
- find optimal solutions to complex problems; and, automate business processes.
- Linked data
- Semantic web
- Machine learning and statistics
- Media analytics
- Personal sensing
- Optimisation and decision analytics
- Recommender systems
Research performed by:
- University College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- NUI Galway
- University College Cork
- Maynooth University
- The Royal Irish Academy
- Tyndall National Institute
- Trinity College Dublin